Dust off your cowboy boots, pull out your hats get ready for some good country music with a side of BBQ to celebrate National Cowboy Day! July 22nd was the day for celebrating the western lifestyle, and honoring cowboy roots. We are going to the place that has it all “TEXAS”!
Country music is not hard to find in Texas. There are however some historical locations that make you feel like everybody is somebody. That is right I am talking about Luckenbach. Know for its old west style saloon, dance hall & general store located in Fredericksburg, TX. It all started back in the summer of 1973 when Jerry Jeff Walker, along with the Lost Gonzo Band, recorded the live album Viva Terlingua at the Luckenbach dance hall. The album became an outlaw country classic. Later in 1977, after Crouch’s death in 1976, Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson vaulted Luckenbach in the national spotlight with the #1 country and #25 Pop charting song “Luckenbach, Texas” (Back to the basics of Love)
Texas barbecue has no peer on earth. Usually they are small establishments with little décor but the warmest atmosphere and delicious food that will have you coming back to savor over and over. Once in a while you will find them located out in a field with picnic tables seating over 800 and a barbeque sauce that has no tomatoes so it won’t burn. The Salt Lick has over 50 years’ experience cooking their slowly over an open fire fed by live oak. On a Saturday night you may have a little bit of a wait they serve over 2,000 in just one night.
The Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame is located in the Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District. It features more than 100 inductees. Well-known names include country music legend George Strait and 9-time world champion rodeo cowboy.
You can also visit the Frontier Times Museum located in the Cowboy capital of the world. You certainly don’t want to miss The Fort Worth Stockyards while celebrating the American cowboy. It was named “The best tribute event” by American Cowboy Magazine. If you are ready for some live rodeo action head over to the historic Cowtown Coliseum of the Forth Worth Stockyards. There’s nothing that says cowboy better than hopping on horseback for a trail ride.
Alternative Country Artist: Jess Taylor
GetConquer Page: www.getconquer.com/jesstaylor/
Bandtwango project page: https://bandtwango.com/projects/jess-taylor/
We here at Conquer had the awesome opportunity to interview Alternative Country artist (though one would consider her unrestricted by genre) Jess Taylor about her ongoing crowdfunding project. Hitting the ground running in High-school, Jess’s songwriting and vocal skills quickly led to a large fan following within mainstream country. 5 years later, and Jess is back in a way you’ve never heard her before.
For full in depth artist interview head to: http://www.conquerentertainment.com/conquer-artist-interview-jess-taylor/
Hey Conquer fans! If you’re looking for some live music this month then check out these upcoming shows and tour dates.
- June 2nd, State Theatre in Harrah, OK
- June 7th, Belcourt Taps in Nashville, TN
- June 10th, CMA Fest @ Wildehorse Saloon in Nashville
- June 4th, Lazy Lobster in East Rockaway, NY
- June 15th, Brixx and Barley in Long Beach, NY
- June 3rd, Festival Pier in Philadelphia, PA
- June 11th, Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ
- June 30th, Zlate Piesky in Bratislava, Slovakia
- June 14th, The National in Richmond, VA
- June 15th, Firefly Music Festival in Dagsboro, DE
- June 22nd, Heimathafen in Berlin, Germany
- June 23rd, Hurricane Festival in Sheessel, Germany
- June 23rd, Southside Festival in Neuhausen, Switzerland
- June 27 and 28th, Camden Assembly in London, UK
- June 1st, Knitting Factory Concert House in Boise, ID
- June 2nd, Jub Jub’s Thirst Parlor in Reno, NV
- June 3rd, White Water Saloon in Paradise, CA
- June 5th, The Fillmore in San Francisco, CA
- June 6th, House of Blues in Anaheim, CA
- June 7th, Marquee Theatre in Tempe, AZ
- June 10th, The Pageant in Saint Louis, MO
- June 14th, Father Knows Best in Brooklyn, NY
- June 2nd, Swamp Fox Entertainment Complex in Marion, SC
- June 16th, Old Capital Tavern in Sauk Rapids, MN
- June 30th, Grizzly Rose in Denver, CO
- June 11th, Piranha’s Bar & Grill in Nashville, TN
- June 2nd, Love and War in Texas in Plano, TX
- June 24th, Sundown at Granada in Dallas, TX
- June 30th, The Saxon Pub in Austin, TX
- June 6th, Harvard and Stone in Los Angeles, CA
Where #Music meets #Lifestyle