PUNK ROCK: SHIRAGIRL: HOLLYWOOD, CA
Shiragirl, made her worldwide debut of her new solo show “Hot Dates” in the 2017 Hollywood Fringe at Three Clubs on 1123 Vine St. Hollywood, CA on June 4th.
“Hot Dates,” directed and co-created by Natalie Mitchell, with creative consultant Deana Barone, details memorable moments in the life of a Bisexual Jewish American Ivy League Punk Rock Pothead Princess. Interspersed with dating sc enes, Shira takes us on a journey of her life, from her girlhood milestones to attempted womanhood. The show features song, dance, storytelling and mischief.
Shira is proud to be popping her Hollywood Fringe cherry; she has been a prior participant in NYC and Philly Fringe Festivals. Shira studied theater at University of Pennsylvania, and Goldsmiths College in London. After graduating, Shira formed an all-girl band and crashed the Warped Tour as Shiragirl. She created the Shiragirl Stage for female artists, where she shared the stage with artists from Joan Jett to Paramore. This earned Shira an MTV Warpie award, and a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Having relocated from Brooklyn to Hollywood in 2014, Shira is happy to be coming back to her theater roots, with her new show “Hot Dates.”
Catch one of these hot dates:
Friday June 9th 9:00 PM
Saturday June 10th 5:30 PM
Friday June 16th at 7:00 PM
Saturday June 24th at 6:30 PM
Check out this exclusive interview!
Check out these reviews!
Hey Conquer fans! If you’re looking for some live music this month then check out these upcoming shows and tour dates.
- June 2nd, State Theatre in Harrah, OK
- June 7th, Belcourt Taps in Nashville, TN
- June 10th, CMA Fest @ Wildehorse Saloon in Nashville
- June 4th, Lazy Lobster in East Rockaway, NY
- June 15th, Brixx and Barley in Long Beach, NY
- June 3rd, Festival Pier in Philadelphia, PA
- June 11th, Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ
- June 30th, Zlate Piesky in Bratislava, Slovakia
- June 14th, The National in Richmond, VA
- June 15th, Firefly Music Festival in Dagsboro, DE
- June 22nd, Heimathafen in Berlin, Germany
- June 23rd, Hurricane Festival in Sheessel, Germany
- June 23rd, Southside Festival in Neuhausen, Switzerland
- June 27 and 28th, Camden Assembly in London, UK
- June 1st, Knitting Factory Concert House in Boise, ID
- June 2nd, Jub Jub’s Thirst Parlor in Reno, NV
- June 3rd, White Water Saloon in Paradise, CA
- June 5th, The Fillmore in San Francisco, CA
- June 6th, House of Blues in Anaheim, CA
- June 7th, Marquee Theatre in Tempe, AZ
- June 10th, The Pageant in Saint Louis, MO
- June 14th, Father Knows Best in Brooklyn, NY
- June 2nd, Swamp Fox Entertainment Complex in Marion, SC
- June 16th, Old Capital Tavern in Sauk Rapids, MN
- June 30th, Grizzly Rose in Denver, CO
- June 11th, Piranha’s Bar & Grill in Nashville, TN
- June 2nd, Love and War in Texas in Plano, TX
- June 24th, Sundown at Granada in Dallas, TX
- June 30th, The Saxon Pub in Austin, TX
- June 6th, Harvard and Stone in Los Angeles, CA
Where #Music meets #Lifestyle
So what exactly is Dueling Piano? Well I’m sure you’ve seen those awesome scenes in movies; two people sitting at separate pianos, jamming away at the keys to see who can play better and faster. As far back as the 1890’s, ragtime piano players would literally duel in front of a crow to prove themselves the better pianist.
In 1933 the first official Dueling Piano bar was opened in New Orleans, Pat O’Brien’s Bar, still open today! From there the Dueling Piano became an actual show where two piano players take turns singing songs requested by the audience, by writing them down on napkins.
Today Dueling Pianos are a fun, high energy show with emphasis on audience participation; performing songs across all genres. A show really unlike any other!
Conquer Artist Missy Lynn is an insanely talented musician who performs each week at dueling Piano Bar “Keys On Main” in Salt Lake City, Utah.
At Keys on Main, we entertain with a live, all request dueling piano show. No set lists, no rehearsal, just 2 performers & 2 pianos taking what the audience requests. With each request the audience can decide what they would like to tip the performers and the highest tipping songs get played first. If there is a song that a table or members of the audience do not like, they can stop that song by outbidding its original tip by one dollar. This is the true nature of the “dueling” the audience competing to get their songs played first.
Dueling Piano Bars provide a unique and more interactive form of entertainment than music joints these days, and with more than 200 around the country, there is lots of opportunity to check it out. So next time you and the buddies need something to do. . . Well you know what to look out for!
Be sure to check out more of Missy Lynn at www.getconquer.com/missylynn/